Happening Now

Search This Blog

Monday, 6 March 2017

Nigeria warns citizens not to travel to the US




The Trump administration has rolled out a revised edition of a controversial immigration executive order.

The new order which goes into effect on 16 March, temporarily suspends immigration into the United States from now only six predominantly-Muslim countries.

Citizens from Libya, Syria, Yemen, Iran, Somalia and Sudan will be subjected to a 90-day ban on
travel to the United States.

Iraq was previously listed among those nations, but a senior Department of Homeland Security official said the country was removed after the Iraqi government assured the Trump administration that they would share more information with the United States.

It comes as Nigeria has warned its citizens not to travel to the US and says Nigerians with valid visas have been put on the next plane home.

Nigeria is not one of the six and it is not clear at this stage whether the Nigerian action is linked to the new travel ban.



No comments:

Post a Comment