Fire breaks out at INEC headquarters - Full Gist News


Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Fire breaks out at INEC headquarters

Details:Destruction of Life and property was averted at the headquarters of the Inde­pendent National Elector­al Commission (INEC) in Abuja on Monday through the quick intervention of fire fighters who diligently controlled a fire incident that started at the first floor of the Commission.
The media gathered that the incident which started from a spark on the air conditioner in the
office of the Personal Assistant to the Chairman at about 12: 10 pm was ef­fectively controlled when the officers of the fire ser­vice unit of the Commis­sion were drafted on hand before damages could be caused.
Confirming the in­cident, the Director in charge of Media and Publicity at INEC, Nich Dazang told us on phone that the incident was a minor electrical fault which hap­pened at the Commission’s first floor, adding that it was effectively controlled.
“There was a minor electrical fault on our first floor for five munities. It was effectively contained. In fact, the incident has been uploaded on our so­cial media platforms”, he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment